I always wanted to make a belt by myself. As appeared, it’s not that difficult if you have all the provisions.
You will need:
- Strap of durable leather (mine was 1 meter long; length may differ depending on your size)
- Patch of leather (to hold a buckle)
- Belt screw rivet with fastener
- Loop (to keep the end of the strap in place)
- Make one end of the leather strap rounded and pierce a hole in the other one to get the rivet through. Also make three holes in the leather patch (which will hold the buckle), one in the middle to get the prong through, and two more on both its ends to get the rivet through (see 1 on the image).
- Get the buckle prong through the lather patch, fold it in two, and wear the loop on the corresponding side (see 2 on the image).
- Attach the leather patch with buckle to the strap by fastening the screw rivet (see 3 on the image). Pierce the holes on the strap where is needed. Congratulations, your belt is ready!
I also used this handmade accessory in one of my looks :).
Have a nice day!